A Guide for Owners and Marketing Managers
In the competitive world of home services, positive reviews can make or break your business. Potential customers are increasingly turning to online reviews to research and make decisions about which companies to hire. A study by BrightLocal found that 76% of consumers consult online reviews before making a purchase.
Why Reviews Matter for Home Service Companies
There are several reasons why reviews are so important for home service companies:
- Reviews build trust and credibility. When potential customers see that your company has a high average rating and positive reviews, they are more likely to trust you.
- Reviews can help you rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). Google and other search engines use reviews as a factor in determining which websites to rank higher.
- Reviews can help you convert leads into customers. When potential customers see that your company has a good reputation, they are more likely to contact you for a quote.
- Reviews can help you improve your customer service. By reading reviews, you can learn about areas where you can improve your customer experience.
Quick Tips for Managing Your Company’s Reviews
There are a few things you can do to get more positive reviews for your home service company:
- Ask your customers for reviews. After you have completed a job, ask your customers to leave a review on Google, Yelp, and other relevant platforms.
- Make it easy for customers to leave reviews. Provide links to your review profiles on your website and social media pages.
- Respond to all reviews, both positive and negative. Thank customers for their positive reviews and address any concerns raised in negative reviews.
You can use our Review Response Generator to help craft your responses to any positive, negative, or 3-star review.
- Use positive reviews to your advantage. Share positive reviews on your website and social media pages.
- Use a review management tool. We use tools to help automate the process of asking for reviews, as well as replying to them, and publishing them on your website and social media accounts.
- Use negative reviews as an opportunity to improve. Learn from what your customers are saying and make changes to your business accordingly.
Some Review FAQs you Can Use
A: There is no magic number, but the more reviews you have, the better. Aim to get at least 50 reviews from verified customers.
A: Don’t panic! Negative reviews are a normal part of doing business. The most important thing is to respond to the review professionally and address the customer’s concerns.
A: Positive reviews can be used as social proof to attract new customers. You can also use reviews to identify areas where you can improve your marketing materials.
Contact Us Today for Help With Your Marketing Needs
At Southernmost Digital, we specialize in helping home service companies get the most out of their online reviews. We can help you develop a review management strategy, respond to reviews, and use reviews to improve your marketing.
Contact us today for a free consultation.